You can create a .htaccess file on your local computer or on the server.
On your computer:
Windows: Using Notepad save the file as .htaccess
Mac OS X: Using TextEdit save the file as ".htaccess"
Using your preferred FTP client upload the file to the server. The .htaccess file will need to be in folder where your site is located, typically the public_html folder.
The Control Panel
- Login to your cPanel account
- Click the File Manager icon, located in the Files section.
- From the File Manger popup choose "Choose Hidden Files (dotfiles)." If you do not see this popup you will need to click the "reset all interface settings" link at the bottom of the cPanel page.
- From the File Manager popup choose the folder you would like to open, most often the "Web Root (public_html/www)"
- Click the Go button. If you are in the File Manager already you can add &showhidden=1 to the end of the URL.
- Click the New File icon to create a new file and name it .htaccess
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution